Last year I posted helpful resources for Giving Tuesday. This gigantic day of giving is coming again on November 27, 2018. Just like last year, it’s smart to prepare early and make your appeal about a very specific need or cause.
Giving Tuesday makes a huge impact. It is a global social media movement uniting the world to share its gifts with some of the neediest causes. Last year was a huge success, improving from all previous years. Here are the 2017 highlights from the official #GivingTuesday website:
- $300 million raised online (almost double from 2016)
- 2.5 million total gifts
- $210 average gift
- donations from over 150 countries
For 2018, I picked a few of the best new resources from many fundraising gurus across the country:
- Obviously a great place to start is the #GivingTuesday website with lots of tips, a timeline, messaging text, templates, a complete toolkit and sample press release. This is where you can also download the #GivingTuesday logo file.
- Vanessa Chase Lockshin from the Storytelling Non-Profit has put together a 4-part video training series to help you plan your Giving Tuesday campaign including best online fundraising tactics.
- To give you a head-start, Classy has published an ebook, Giving Tuesday Social Media Templates. It is loaded with pre-written social media posts tailored for Facebook and Twitter including recommendations on when to schedule post to mazimize engagement.
- George Weiner from Whole Whale summarizes 31 creative tips on #GivingTuesday.
- The Blackbaud Team offers best practices and proven approaches in upcoming webinars to make this your most successful #GivingTuesday yet.
- Salesforce considers Giving Tuesday as the kickoff for the end-of-year fundraising season. Get great fundraising tips and tricks in Your 2018 Guide to #GivingTuesday.
- Firespring publishes an eBook with ten easy steps to turn your #GivingTuesday campaign page into a converting machine. They also offer a webinar series to help you prepare.
- Causevox provides a full overview from start to finish on how you can launch a successful campaign for your nonprofit in this #GivingTuesday guide.
- Patrick DiGiulian from Firefly Partners has suggestions on how to make the most out of giving days. He advises to think strategically about planning the rest of your year-end campaign around #GivingTuesday.
- Andy Schroeder from npENGAGE shattered their Giving Tuesday goal by doing things differently from previous years such as using online giving forms, creating suggested giving amounts and infusing a human touch into the campaign. Learn how.
Remember the wisdom of Matthew 7:7 — “Ask and you shall receive. Seek and you shall find.” With faithful, creative asking and seeking, your #GivingTuesday campaign will build momentum right into your end-of-year appeal.